این قسمت از پادکست دایجست، بازنشر یک مصاحبه است که پادکست انگلیسیزبان Ask an Iranian با دایجست داشتهاست. موضوع این مصاحبه خود دایجست و اساساً رسانهی پادکست است. این پادکست به زبان انگلیسی تهیه شدهاست.
در این مصاحبه از این گفتهام که چرا و چگونه دایجست را شروع کردم، چرا در اسم دایجست سه بار حرف t تکرار شده است، چه چالشهایی داشتم و آمار و اطلاعات پادکست به چه شکل است. کمی هم از جریانهای پادکستسازی ایران از دیدگاه خودم صحبت کردهام.
در ادامه میتوانید خلاصهای از این مصاحبه را بخوانید.
In this show we’re joined by the creator of one of Iran’s most popular podcasts. Our guest, Farshad, set up the Persian language podcast, ‘Digesttt’, around two years ago and has been simply summarising societal matters ever since. Subjects of his show have ranged from Israel & Palestine, Feminism and Brexit. The monthly podcast recently passed a mile-stone of one million downloads, so we wanted to invited him on the show to discuss what’s involved in setting up a successful podcast in Iran.
In this show we discuss popular Persian language podcasts, the Iranian podcast community, how podcasts have changed over time in Iran, and where the red lines are for podcast content made in Iran.
– What are the names of popular podcasts made in Iran?
– What is the famous Iranian ‘Channel B’ podcast and who runs it?
– How long does it take to make a podcast episode?
– Is there an Iranian podcast community and if so, how is it?
– How many Persian language podcasts are being made in Iran?
– How have Persian podcasts evolved over time?
– What percentage of Iranians listen to podcasts?
– What platforms do Iranians use to listen to podcast?
– What Iranian companies are active in the Iranian podcast scene?
– What type of podcast content is popular in Iran?
– Where in the world are Persian language podcasts listened to?
– What subjects should you avoid when making a podcast in Iran?
– What should I consider before setting up a podcast?
– How do I get sponsorship or donation for my podcast?
– How long it will take before you give up podcasting?
The answers to the following questions were made using information from our interview with Farshad of Digesttt podcast.
What are the names of popular podcasts made in Iran?
What is the famous Iranian ‘Channel B’ podcast and who runs it?
Ali Bandari runs Channel B podcast, a Persian language podcast based in Iran.
How long does it take to make a podcast episode?
The Digesttt podcast takes around a month to make each show.
Is there an Iranian podcast community and if so, how is it?
Yes, there is a Persian language podcast community in Iran, and according to Farshad, there are over 500 available to listen to.
How many Persian language podcasts are being made in Iran?
There are over 500 available as of mid 2020.
How have Persian podcasts evolved over time?
There have been two main phases leading up to 2020. The first phase involved more cultural and intellectual podcast, with a second wave introducing general entertainment content.
What percentage of Iranians listen to podcasts?
Around 1% of the Iranian population listen to podcasts as of mid 2020.
What platforms do Iranians use to listen to podcast?
Castbox, Podkadeh, Podbean and Apple Podcasts less so, due to Android having a larger user base in Iran.
What type of podcast content is popular in Iran?
General entertainment content is the most popular category.
What Iranian companies are active with Persian language podcasts?
Where in the world are Persian language podcasts listened to?
In the case of the Digesttt podcasts, it is mainly listened to in Iran, America, Canada, Germany and Australia (listed in order of listenership). Other Persian language countries such Afghanistan and Tajikistan also have listenership.
How do I get sponsorship or donation for my podcast?
Donations to help set up Iranian made podcasts can be handled via a platform called Hami. This site functions like Kickstarter.